Home | Advertising Info153 USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE   
   Site Search Contact Us Monday, September 22, 2014  
 
 


 
ASPProtect
User Management Application with web based screens that allow you to manage users.
www.ASPProtect.com
 
ASPBanner
Banner Rotation system. Advertisers can monitor online statistical reports via their web browsers.
www.ASPBanner.com
 
ASP Photo Gallery
Upload an unlimited amount of albums. Set up categories.Image resizing thumbnail creation.
www.ASPPhotoGallery.com
 
ASPClassifieds
Classifieds system. Set up categories. Users can register themselves. Supports picture uploads.
www.ASPClassifieds.com



DISCUSSION ARCHIVES
 
Try a free httpZip trial now and compress for less!


We didn't realize
the site was so popular.

Other Stuff
 

 
 
Active Server Pages asp source code database MS SQL MS Access .mdb adovbs.inc cookies calendar codes sql commands scripts asp programming tutorials iis web server components CJWSoft ASPProtect ASPBanner ASPClassifieds



(Advanced)  (Components)  (Database)  (General)  (Vbscript)




ASPProtect

 
Subject: Localization Issue
From: Paul
Date: 1/15/2003 11:37:51 AM
IP: 194.200.30.253



 

Hi,

I've been working on localizing a site for the Japanese market. The translations have all been done and the English values and thier Japanese equivalents are held in a simple Access database table.

I've created a dictionary object in global.asa with application scope, like so:

<OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Application Lang=ja ID=DictLanguageStrings PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary" VIEWASTEXT></OBJECT>

We are opening the db table and loading the English and Japanese values into the dictionary in the Application_OnStart function in global.asa, like so :

Do While Not objRS.EOF

DictLanguageStrings.Add Trim(objRS("English")),Trim(objRS("Japanese")) objRS.MoveNext

Loop

However there are some values not contained in the table and these are hard coded into global.asa, eg:

DictLanguageStrings.Add "as","@"

The second value is the Japanese character and it is these that are not displaying correctly. I was sent these values by someone in Japan who may have done them on a PC with Japanese settings. I am using Visual Interdev (I've tried both v.6.0 and VS.NET) but they appear as above to me.

When displaying on the site they appear with question marks eg: ?@

I've used Session.CodePage = 932 as well as added the codepage attribute to various pages within the site. I've also tried using a meta tag in the html but to no avail.

Can anybody please help - the site is due to go live very soon and we'd really like to get this resolved otherwise we are going to have to implement a solution that is not as scaleable.

Anyone who can answer this deserves true kudos, for it's got us completely stumped.

Many Thanks...


 

   Active Server Pages Rule The World
Contact Us  
All artwork, design & content contained in this site are Copyright 1998 - 2014 PowerASP.com and Christopher J. Williams
Banner ads ,other site logos, etc are copyright of their respective companies.
STATS Unless otherwise noted - All Rights Reserved.

Active Server Pages what is asp programming how to sample asp example code scripts software asp forum mail sessions applications global.asa CJWSoft ASPProtect ASPBanner ASPClassifieds www.aspclassifieds.com, www.powerasp.com,www.cjwsoft.com,www.aspphotogallery.com,www.codewanker.com,www.aspprotect.com,www.aspbanner.com